Purchasing/Logistics/ Safety Manager
The person in this position is responsible for the inbound and outbound Logistics, Material control and safety management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Prepares and manages shippers, BOL, packing slips and all shipping documentations for internal and external customers.
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Create and maintain weekly Shipping Reports and Customer Job Reports
- Select, develop, and oversee suppliers for outside contracting so as to be done in the most cost-effective manner while meeting timing and quality requirements.
- Purchase raw materials and supplies.
- Maintain Stock list and update when material is ordered and received.
- Research and find alternative sources that reduce cost and increase quality
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all vendors
- Issues PO, tracks receipt of goods and services and closes out PO’s when services are complete, or goods are received.
- Train and inform new and existing employees of all hazardous material so as the Company is in compliance with the Right to Know Laws ascertain cer tification in first aid and CPR.
- Represent the Company when meeting with OSHA and insurance representatives and for inspections.
- Investigate and write accident reports.
- Develop and maintain a Companywide safety program. The Safety Director shall be responsible for creating, acquiring, keeping, and maintaining all forms under this Safety Program.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all internal and external stakeholders (such as manufacturing, sales and engineering personnel, vendors, customers, suppliers etc.) in support of MC Mold’s goals.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documentation is a plus
- Knowledge of cutting tools and machinery is a plus, but not a requirement.
- BA in supply chain, logistics or similar relevant field or commensurate work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $30.00 per hour