Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates to manufacture blow molds, complex parts, and assemblies.
- Comprehend and envision fixture and tool design.
- Structure job details for work orders.
- Perform closed job review and cost analysis of jobs.
- Consult with vendors, customers, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Work with customers and staff to produce acceptable quotations.
- Seek vendors for specialized services, obtain costs and lead time for all outside processes to support bid preparation.
- Research prior job cost using databases for new estimates.
- Run scheduling reports and schedule new jobs per estimated labor requirements and capacity.
- Create and maintain a work schedule to build and deliver all products and services on time.
- Setup and utilize scheduling software (Job Boss)
- Plan and set weekly milestones so that work will be completed on time in the most cost-effective manner.
- Calculate resource loading (people and equipment).
- Monitor and document hours for work in progress.
- Create weekly reports to update customers and the plant of current job status.
- Calculate any bottle necks in advance and recommend solutions.
- Establish and create resource loading priority lists.
- 5 years of experience in estimating, scheduling, or machine shop environment.
- Must be proficient reviewing files in 3D CAD software.
- Mold making experience a plus.
- Machining experience with 5-axis a plus.
- Ability to read and clearly understand engineering drawings.
- Experience in MS Office Suite and Excel required and experience with integrated ERP systems is recommended.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to work well with Shop Supervisor, machinists, designers, and programmers for part production analysis, as well as management.
- 401K, Health Insurance, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Paid Vacation and Optional Supplemental Insurance.
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition assistance
- Air-Conditioned Shop
Please feel free to contact us via phone or email if you are interested in this new position
Email: [email protected]